Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beef Steak. Disappointment.

I went to some bar/cafe/restaurant (u choose) @ Orchard Road. I won't mention the name, but I am sure you can make a good guess. Some people their food is great, so I went there with my brother and my mom to try the steak and only disappointment welcomed us. The service was not that good. I was standing in front of the lady server and she pretended that she didn't see me for a few seconds and then greeted me. Asked me whether I would like to sit indoor or outdoor, I said I would take a look the outdoor for a while, and her response was only "yes" and gave me that freaking look.

Good decoration on the wall. So teenager.

I came across this drink on the menu called Mango Caramel Mojito. I did not know that mango and caramel could go so well, but it was just not a good idea to drink alcoholic drink together with a heavy dish such as New York Strip. Still, it rocks.

My bro ordered fillet mignon that cost S$42.90 . I would say that the Fillet Mignon was quite good, though they served the steak at a wrong doneness my bro requested. They borught it back to the kitchen and cook it longer, but did not change to a new one. Of course, its not a fine dining restaurant anyway. Sorry that I don't have all the pictures of the steak because we were damn hungry that we just forgot to take some shots.

I just said that I don't have any of the steak pictures, but how come I have one here ? Yes this is a New York Strip that I  ordered there, but it is not mine. I got it from Google for illustration. The New York Strip I ate there was just tough and cost a bomb ( S$39.90). It would worth the money if the new york strip was tender. Plus, I requested for medium doneness, and still tough. I ate a S$12 sirloin steak at some place that is much more tender than this.

But, for me THE WORST STEAK ON EARTH is the one served ON A HOT PLATE! I can't understand that! Who on earth would want to order medium-doneness steak, but turns out to be medium-well or even well done doneness. What you think!?
Overall experience was not exciting. We spent S$150.00 ++, and felt it was not worth it at all. I will never come back there. But, I think the bar is great though I did not try it personally.




No comments:

Post a Comment